Treatment for peripheral neuropathy relies upon what has caused it. If you first understand the cause, then there are effective options for relief that can get right to the source of your pain in order to bring healing that lasts.
What Causes Neuropathy?
The most significant cause for neuropathy is diabetes. The uncontrolled high blood sugar affects the nerve's ability to send messages to the rest of the body, and also weakens the walls of the small blood vessels which supply the nerves with nutrients and oxygen.
There are also many other conditions that can cause neuropathy, such as:
- Rheumatoid joint inflammation
- Kidney illness
- Liver ailments
- Previous or current injury
- Illness/ infection
- Exposure to toxins
- Can also be hereditary, though not as common
What Treatment Options Are Available for Neuropathic Pain Relief?
There are treatment options available that can help relieve neuropathic pain at the source. When the pain is treated at the source rather than covered up with medications, you can find lasting relief.
- Advanced Biological Treatments: Injections containing healing compounds can help relieve neuropathic pain and discomfort at the source. The solution used in these treatments are loaded with healing properties like cytokines, exosomes, growth factors, proteins, and lipids that bring relief straight to the root of your neuropathy pain. As we age, the healing elements in our bodies generally tend to lose their potency and power. For example, for those who are older, it may take much longer to heal from an injury than those who are younger. The injections we use can help to relieve the pain associated with peripheral neuropathy right at the source.
- PRP Therapy: Platelet-Rich Plasma, or PRP, therapy is a treatment that works beyond medication by alleviating pain and promoting the ability to treat neuropathy at the source. When PRP is injected directly into the problem area of the body, it distributes healing properties that contribute to the body’s natural healing process. The procedure works by extracting a small sample of blood from the patient, spinning it through a centrifuge, and separating and concentrating the healing platelets from the rest of the components in the blood. After the potent PRP solution is collected it is injected right into the area of need to relieve peripheral neuropathy pain at the source.
What Are the Symptoms of Peripheral Neuropathy?
Peripheral neuropathy is a condition in which the body experiences nerve damage, leading to pain and discomfort.
Many of those suffering with peripheral neuropathy face daily symptoms that include:
- Ankle and foot pain
- Swelling in the knees, calves, or shoulders
- Limited range of movement
- Numbness & tingling in the outer regions/feet or hands and limbs
- Shaking or weakness
- Headaches & migraines
- Long lasting pain and tiredness
- Stiff neck muscles
- Back pain
- Inability to feel pain
- Burning feeling
- Pins and needles
- Inability to sleep
If you are experiencing peripheral neuropathy symptoms and would like to learn more about how you can find lasting relief, call Advanced Regenerative Medicine of Idaho today at (208) 887-6791 for a free consultation.